Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Very Best Buy

So a while back, my work bought a 47" flat screen television for our community/rec room.  Because all the 80-year olds were asking for us to pimp-out their rec room.  Riiiiiiight.

Anyway, we used my Best Buy "reward zone" card for the purchase.  That means I earned points!  It also means that it bumped me up to Premier Silver Status. (Impressive, right?)  I only explain this in detail because if you know anything about Best Buy, you know it takes A LOT of $purchases$ to acheive the "Premier Silver" status. I don't want anyone to be jealous of our 1992 - 30" JVC "Hand Me Down from Grandma Harder" Television.

So, one of the Best Buy perks was free subscription to Napster (the music down-load site) as well as 15-free credits to down load songs every 3 months.  (That is equal to one album plus a song or two extra...)

Today my 3-month cycle restarted & I went to request my new activation code from Best Buy.

Sadly, the customer service rep said that at this time their Napster codes aren't working.  They are looking into it but don't really have a solution at this point.  Except they could send me a code for a free $15 iTunes gift card... or issue me a $20 Best Buy Rewards certificate.  "Which one would you like?"

Well, I might not have gotten better than Cs in high-school math ... And I might have taken the "alternative" math class in college, but even I know that 20 is greater than 15.
So I will be receiving a $20 gift card to Best Buy for doing... NOTHING (except spending 2 minutes on the phone with "Jimmy").

Too bad everything we NEED costs over $1000, but whatever.  Maybe I can get a couple movies for Christmas presents.

No comments: