Friday, December 10, 2010

December 2010. The End.

Apparently tonight is the night life will end in Minnesota.  I just wanted to post a final entry for my non-Minnesotan friends & family - so you-all will know how much you are (were?) loved.  In the remote chance I survive this "Blizzard of a Lifetime", I'll just come back with a BIG "JUST KIDDING, Ya'll!"

For 3 days all we've heard is "snow snow snow.  Blizzard, Blizzard, Blizzard.  Cold, Cold, Cold."
Okay - we get it.  It IS mid-December in Minnesota, after all.  I expected my friend in Warner-Robbins, GA (Hi Jennie!!) to go on & on & on & on & on about the coating of snow they received since it is Georgia... but she briefly mentioned it happened... AND THEN MOVED ON WITH HER DAY. 
Minnesotan's - TAKE NOTE.

I must say - the forecasts were SO grim & gloomy that the Osseo-(MN) District schools cancelled all weekend activities and closed all district buildings.  THAT, my friends, is why I am guessing life will cease after tonight.  In my 13 years with the Osseo School District, I remember one snow-day & one "wind-chill/cold/the Govenor made us do it" closure.  Their philosophy was... "It's Minnesota.  Deal with it."

The funny thing is sitting at work listening to all the precious ladies sitting around chatting about how cold, how windy, how trecherous... whatever it is outside.  & then I turn around and say "Actually - it was really nice this morning - not windy at all! I didn't have to scrape my windshield & the roads were plowed down to the pavement!"  So evil.  I take away their bad-weather-thunder.  They look at each other... Shoot! Now what do we talk about?!

Today, Hayley was sick.  She peaked at a 102* fever and took a 4 hour nap.  So, at 10:30pm, she is wide awake, fever-free and bouncing off the ceiling.  We went outside to move the car and ran into a neighbor... - also out walking his Kindergartener at 10:30pm! SO funny.  I said, "Wow, I guess this IS a good time to be walking the kids..."  At first he didn't see Hayley & was a little defensive... but then laughed.  His son, Jackson, recognized Hayley from the bus.  Whole point of the story - no one can say "Every other Kindergartener is in bed by now" to Hayley.   Actually that wasn't the point of the story.  Have I EVER really had a point to any story I've ever told?  Today I had lunch with my Bestie, Noelle.  I built up a story SO much... I forgot what I was talking about.

I am just blogging to blog right now.  I'm exhausted.  I was keeping Hayley company, but she just announced  "I'm done being awake now.  The nap wore off." & marched to bed.  I love her.

Even though my eyes are crossing, I think I'll go write a Christmas Letter - for those who don't have internet (i.e. My Grandma Harder and ... I wonder if Grampa B has a computer...).

Remember - if I don't survive the Blizzard to end all Blizzards... I really did appreciate every one of you for your unique roll in keeping me who I am! :) *loves*!

No comments: