Monday, February 7, 2011

The Super Bowl

It is the day after the Super Bowl.
As a committed fan of the Minnesota Vikings, it was SO hard to cheer for the Packers.  Yes, they are in our division & I should cheer for the Ol' NFC, but... the Packers? Come On! Any other NFC team but them!!!

I had a Catch-22 this year.  It seems like whatever team I have cheered for - has lost:
Example A: Obviously the Vikings kind of choked this season.   
Example B: AFC Wild Card Game - I have to cheer for the Indianapolis Colts.  They loose. 
Example C: NFC Wild Card Game - I can NOT cheer for the Packers, so I cheer for the Eagles... Eagles loose.

During the Divisional Play-offs, it goes a little better for "My Team".
I now am cheering for the Steelers - because my newest Sister In Law is from Pittsburgh & you cheer for family (Win!). 
I cheer for whoever is playing against the Patriots because those Big "Celebrity" teams & Tom Brady's Hair bug me (Patriots loose!!).
 I cheer for the Bears & the Packers to win because I'm mad at the Falcons for the past (1998 Playoffs).  & I think a Bears/Packers game in the playoffs would.be.awesome. Go Bears.

Check.Check.Check.

But the Bears eventually loose to the Packers (because I'm cheering for them, of course).  The curse continues.

Looking at a Steelers/Packers Super Bowl, puts me in a quandary.  Do I cheer for the Packers, in hopes they loose - or stay true to my purple-blood & cheer for "whoever is playing the Pack"... knowing it is a curse & that poor team will succumb to my poison.

Well, however the stars aligned last night, I cheered for the Steelers (except an occasion or two when I thought the Green jerseys were Black & thought the Steelers made an awesome plays - just to be told I was cheering for the wrong team).

And this morning, the Packers are Super Bowl XLV Champions. 
 

No comments: