Wednesday, April 23, 2008

DAY ONE in FLORIDA.

Well, apparently Hayley only needs 5 1/2 hours of sleep. Tom & Joy left for work/meetings around 7:30 or 8am & Hayley came bouncing into our room! Gotta Love Orlando's Sun!

Many of you know that I am actively involved in a website group of mommies that all have babies Hannah's age. One of my mommy-friends lives outside of Orlando, so we HAD to meet up!

That was the mission for Friday.

We met Jada & Ainsley at Walt Disney World's Down-Town Disney's Boardwalk. A nice little area full of Disney-shopping. It is really nice to have "Real" Disney products, at "Real" Disney Prices (think $25 for a 2T Minnie Mouse t-shirt) ~ without having to go into the Disney Parks (think $60 for a 3 Year Old's admission!).

(Jada, Sara & a few Princesses.)




















Ainsley & Hannah "Chillin" in the stroller line-up.
Don't they look SO thrilled to meet each other?? :)


















There were a few temptations, but our current financial plans have made me a TOTAL money-conscious freeeeek! Like, for example, I saw a Disney-Princess Towel. The kind with a hood...
the hood had a Princess crown on it & looked like a big, pink Princess dress. I was IN LOVE. Until I saw it was $25. & I KNEW I would need one for each girl... No Thank You!

Jada is a super cool mommy-friend who is expecting #2 this fall! We walked around, shopped, talked, ate, talked, shopped & then let the girls play at Lego-Land!

Hayley built a "Big Red Tower" & the two little ones chased each other up the steps & down the slide a bazillion times. It was 95*. At one point, Jada looked at Tim and said "Wow, look at the Minnesotans Sweat!" She grew up in Central Florida, so she's used to the "Heat".

WHEEEE!









































Hannah fell asleep approximately 35 seconds after we buckled her into her carseat!

It was so fun to meet one of my "Cyber-Mommy-Friends". Right before we left, Jada said her husband had spent the day in the "Man-Room" playing Play Station 3. Tim looked at me & said... "So, you could have dropped me off to play PS3 for the past 3 hours, but... you drag me HERE instead?"

Well... the only thing more strange than meeting a cyber-friend is dropping my husband off at her house to 'play' with her husband!

4 comments:

Carrie and Mike said...

FINALLY! I'm glad I still check this thing once in a while or I would never know you wrote anything! :) It's great to know your all doing so well!! Hooray for the potty training! :)

Mom Of 3 said...

Hey fellow Sept 06 mom, I have also met Jada when she was looking for a new job. I love the pictures.

Mikefam said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun and I wasn't invited. I'm hurt. Just kidding. I'm glad all is well with you guys.

Lois said...

I can't believe you made Timmy play at the park and didn't drop him off sooner! You mean person you.