Wednesday, April 23, 2008

More Harrigers Take Orlando...

So, we went to Orlando. It was awesome, like usual.

The first thing people do is get all wide-eyed & say "OOOOO What Disney Resort did you stay at?"

I smile & say "Casa de Abuela". Which, of course, means "Grandma's House".

So, the most 'eventful' thing of our whole trip was the attempt to leave Minneapolis. Let me tell you... my home town did NOT want us to leave! it took an hour and a half to get to the airport.

First, I forgot my sandwich laying on the couch & we HAD to turn around and take care of that piece of potential nastiness (Jenn... stop twitching)...

Then I had to stop at my work & print our boarding passes, because earlier in the day I stared at the NorthWest Airlines website for 20 minutes wondering... Duh... what am I doing here??

Then the blizzard hit ~ DURING Rush Hour. COME ON! It usually takes about 35 minutes TOPS... during rush hour MAYBE 45... but we got to the airport relatively 'on-time'. We breezed through security & I met the greatest security agent EVER. I apologized that it was taking SO long for us to gather our things & move on... He said "No problem... unless you have a weapon in that bag..." CAN YOU SAY THAT IN THE SECURITY LINE? He did! So, I lifted Tim's shoe up & said... "Only if you consider THIS a weapon!" (I am mean.)

So, we get a bite to eat @ Le Cafe McD thanks to a generous donation from a friend, Kathy, who is a NWA flight attendant. (She gave us the equivalent to $40 in Air-Port food!!). Then we hustle to the gate since it was about 6:45.
#1. Tim was wrong. He said "There won't be ANY food at our gate." There was a Starbucks, A small McDonalds, a Bar and a little sandwich/fruit shop thing. (Did I mention Tim was wrong?)

#2. I see no airplane. and A LOT of people.

#3. The airplane we were waiting for hasn't even landed yet (our take-off was 7:10pm). So, the plane had to land, be de-iced, get to the gate, get unloaded, get cleaned out, board 1st class...
At 7:45, the plane finally gets to the gate. (And Hayley goes to the bathroom 3 times to 'check-things-out'...)

They board 1st Class.

Then instead of the "rows 45 - 50" routine... they just say "Everyone, get on the dang plane."

We get on, sit down (the fastest I think I've ever seen a plane board). Then we sit. And wait. And Wait. Finally we get to go de-ice. Twice.

Around 8:45/9:00, we get cleared for takeoff. My girls must have inhaled a HUGE dose of Hyper because they bounced off the airplane ceiling for the next 2 hours & 50 minutes. We turned on the DVD player, only for it to die about 3 minutes later. Tim didn't read my note that said "Please plug in the DVD Player all day". Darn. Hannah & Hayley got SUPER lucky because we sat behind 2 women and a man who were all 'elementary-age' educators & the man (who bore the brunt of their 'seat-pushing') was the father of an 18 month old & a 3 year old! THANK YOU JESUS!

We had the WORST turbulance I've ever been in. They started the drink service, only to suspend it 3 rows before us. My girls were SO not okay with this. They were whiney and I needed to shove something in their mouths!!! The flight-attendant wouldn't even give us the 3 ounces of water left in the bottle on her way by. Creep-ola!

So, we land in Orlando around 12:45amEST, Local time. For those of you concerned for the passengers of flight 586, Hannah fell asleep as the wheels of the plane touched down in Orlando.

Well, of course we were in row 4,236 and had to wait for everyone else to get off. So, we get our luggage & head to the Harriger's. We get there around 2AM. Why can't we just go to sleep? Oh, just because. So around 2:30, I am seriously about to pass out...

Well. Isn't that enough? Nope! We have SIX whole days left! WHEEEEEEeeee!

I'll start a new post for the other days.

No comments: