Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Holy Moley Rocky.

I don't want this to be a weight loss blog.  It will HOPEFULLY contain some of that, but it is about our family, our adventures and occassionally pictures of the 2 cutest girls I have ever made.

One of my residents keeps telling me how good I look and how much weight I must be loosing...
So out of curiosity, I got on the scale.

SHE IS A STINKING LIAR.

My OBGYN said WHEN I loose 100 pounds, she'll throw me a party.  In my attempts to start weight-loss since my annual physical, I have gained 10 freakin' pounds.  (& did I mention that Tim lost 15 pounds in TWO WEEKS).

My appointment was approximately 6 weeks ago.  At this rate, by my 2011 appointment, I will weigh 4,950 pounds.  I BET she won't throw me a party, but indeed an intervention & a trip to Jillian Michael's Fat Camp.



Unless Tim turns into a frog, I don't think I will be very fashionable.

So, It is ON.

Tonight, I took the girls to the exercise room tonight. 
Screw the RULES.  (#1, NO CHILDREN ALLOWED IN EXERCISE ROOM). 
I'm going to interpret that as - do not send your 13 year old grandson up here alone because you don't want to entertain him.  I also read that as "if any other resident comes to use the room, pack up and  leave as fast as you can."

The girls sat quietly watching me jiggle on the treadmill for 1 minute and 29 seconds before whining about being bored, wanting to exercise with me and why can't we ride on the Tony Little's Gazelle?!?!
(apparently the 5 books and 4 Barbies weren't enough to keep them busy).
Thankfully, someone left some free weights in the corner.  So I had them lifting weights over their head and count to 20.  Then had them do sit ups and push-ups. Hayley tried to teach Hannah how to do a "proper bridge".  But Hannah assumed the "Crab-walk position" and declared "I will do NEW push-ups."

Our exercise room is about the size of most people's bathrooms.  It is TINY.  There is a very nice bike and treadmill.  There is a rinky-dink bike, a crunch/row machine thing...

There is also a Gazelle! You KNOW you have seen the infomercials for these... a superly mis-proportioned, long-curly blonde hair "Ken" doll, wearing a baseball hat - skin-tight tank-top and biker shorts...

The gazelle is like an eliptical machine.  Whatever.  We have one. I almost successfully tipped it over.

Did I mention that this little closet-of-an-exercise-room has no air conditioning? There is a ceiling fan (that is approximately 2 inches from the top of my head when I'm on the treadmill).
BRING ON THE SWEAT!

So, tonight I walked for 12 minutes.  I Gazelled for 5 minutes & rode the nice bike for 5 minutes.  Then the girls were getting a bit antsy, I was sweating my butt off, so we left.

Tomorrow I hope to get up to 30 minutes.  I will bring the girls' DVD player.

I don't feel like anyone needs to know the number I weigh, so I'll just say I weigh 110 pounds.  When that number gets to zero, we'll have a party at the OBGYN office.


(I have 110 pounds to work on a different location...)

1 comment:

Jennie said...

I just love you. Hang in there SLL.

Thanks for (*always*) finding a laugh in the middle of it. You make me smile!!!

Please blog more often. Thanks.