Thursday, August 19, 2010

T minus 2-pounds

What does that mean? "T Minus..."  You hear it a lot when people are counting down, right? "T minus 10, 9, 8..."

OF COURSE I had to look it up.

Side note, my friend & coworker, Noelle (HI NOELLIE!) calls me Lil' Claven.  As in Cliff Claven.  As in the mail-man on Cheers (if you need me to explain Cheers, just never mind.)... He's the one who knows random facts about random things & always feels like everyone cares to hear those facts... So, apparently I have a reputation?  Sorry.  But would you have EVER found out why they are called "Spare Ribs" if not for lil' Claven!?

So forgive my Claven moment here.

When launching a rocket or shuttle, they say "T minus 3 minutes"  the T stands for "Time"... Time stands for the moment of launch.  So that means "in 3 minutes we'll be hitting this shiny red button over here". 
I also learned that after launch it turns to "T plus..." meaning the time the rocket is in the air.  (You are welcome)

So TECHNICALLY my title today should be "W minus 2 pounds" because since Tuesday, that is the Weight I've lost! YAY ME.  (It is Thursday - 2 pounds, 2 days.  Good Bye water-weight!).

(Seriously? It took me 209 words to say "I lost 2 pounds"?)

I think my goal is to loose 100 pounds before either of my children hit 100 pounds.

But this isn't a weight-loss blog.  Nope it isn't.

And to prove this, I want to share a super fun blog/website with you. 

I think I saw this on one of Yahoo!'s top 30 stories today.  A woman lost her job, she was inspired by the movie Julie/Julia and apparently Eat, Pray, Love... anyway she was feeling blue & blah at this point in her life and wanted to do something fun.  She went on a mission to take 365 "ugly dresses" & each day convert one dress into something beautiful, lovely and wearable.  We're talking - MuMus, Old woman's house-coats, Mother-of-the Bride frocks from 1984... And she set her budget for the entire project for $365.  I am not clear if that includes the price of the garments, or just the amount she's allowed to spend on thread, beads, needles, or apparently alchohol & food as she eats out & parties each night to celebrate.  Whatever - I judge not.  (well, just a little, maybe).

http://newdressaday.wordpress.com/

She is approximately half way through her journey.  Her "Before" pictures are enough to make me a little bit ill, but the "After" pictures are awesome. Makes me want to go through the thrift store a little slower!

Enjoy her blog.  I did. 
(I tried to throw a sample/teaser photo at you, but couldn't.  I fail.)

No comments: