Monday, August 23, 2010

And then there was one...

This story might make my parents a little bummed that I shared it with the world, but it has a good outcome and is actually funny to me.  If any of you have spent more than an hour with Hannah, you'll know it is 99% her "fault" - if fault were to be given.
My parents took H&H this weekend to the Butterfield Thresherman's Association's Annual Threshing Bee.
We went every summer when I was a kid and it was the best weekend of the summer.  SO much fun.  Very Little House on the Prairie - (only with tractors).

They have an old-fashioned village where you can churn butter, make candles, etc... Petting zoo, antique tractors, old one-room school house, hay balers, etc.

They were at the play-area and mom tells dad she has to go to the ladies room & leaves.
When she returns, she asks dad... "Where's Hannah?".
"I thought Hannah went to the bathroom with you. You always take one with you."
"No... I didn't."

They were about to split up to find her when they hear: "Attention guests, we have Hannah in the office.  She's 4 years old and she's looking for her grandma Elaine."

Want to know how i found out about this? 
When they returned, Hannah says "Mommy, when we were at the farmers' market, I couldn't find grandma and grandpa and went to the food ladies and they brought me to the office and gave me a YUMMY sucker."

I think her whole point was to tell me that she got a yummy sucker.

I turn to my mom and say...
"Elaine"
~ silence ~
"Mother"
~ silence ~

"Mother, did you loose my daughter at the Threshing Bee?" 
 

~ silence ~"Hannah, we don't have to tell mommy EVERYthing we did!".

Apparently Hannah followed my mom for a while, got distracted, & lost her. 

So she did what we have taught her to do!! (Tim & I get credit for SOMETHING good!) 

We have always told the girls if they get lost to find a "worker" or a "policeman" or else a mommy that has little kids with her.  Hannah walked up to the "food ladies" at a booth where they just bought lunch & said "I am looking for Grandma."

I can't get mad at my mom & dad because, like I said, I know Hannah.  

And, I lost Hayley at Target once.

And at Cub once.

1 comment:

Lois said...

Oh this is a good one! LOL!