Sunday, October 25, 2009

Did someone say... Consignment Sale??

OH MY GOODNESS! I just found my new obsession.
Just Between Friends.

It is a twice-a-year consignment sale.  I have tried to attend and/or participate for the past 2 years, but the spring sale usually coincided with our annual trip to Florida.  This spring I attempted to do it and I missed the "Drop off your things on Tuesday" memo.  WHOOPS!

One day, I was cleaning out the 24m-2T tub that is sitting in our room & decided to set apart some things for the sale.  I ended up sending 60 items to the sale & only took home about 15!  Three of them I highly overpriced because I wanted to say "I tried", but didn't want to actually sell them.  (Winnie the Pooh & Piglet Halloween costume + a Disney Trival-pursuit game).  I noticed today that I never rubbed the $1.80 price marking from the thrift store where I BOUGHT the Disney trivia game... ! LOL! Maybe that is why no one bought it. "WHA?! She only paid $2 for it & is trying to sell it for $10? I don't THINK so!"

I volunteered for one shift, so I was able to get into the pre-sale the night before it opened as well as the 1/2-Price Day pre-sale.  (I only wanted to find Christmas Dresses for the girls and snow-pants for Hayley).  Those women are CRA-ZY!  I swear I saw one woman with 2 laundry baskets and a baby-stroller... all 3 piled WAY higher than the woman was tall.

But I DID get a SUPER cute Gymboree outfit for Hayley for $15 - 5 pieces: Hoody/zipper Sweater, Long-sleeved shirt, Skirt, Leggings and matching socks.  Some of you just said "WOW! Awesome deal!!"
But for those who just said "What is Gymboree & why would you pay $15 and be excited?"... Gymboree sells very nice clothes for kids. Kind of pricey for me normally - a pair of jeans for a 4 year old would cost $25-$30... (but they will never wear out.)  A Sweater could be $30 easily.  The outfit I got - each piece probably averaged $20 brand new.  She wore it to church today & looked SO adorable.

Well, anyway - Spring 2010 will be Sale #2!

(Oh, and I made almost $100!!!!)

No comments: