Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Calgon... Take Me Away. ReMax? Take me Away?

Seriously - wasn't that phrase used by both companies?

It has been one bad week so far (it is Tuesday!).

First - my Vikings lost on Sunday.  It is Tragic.  We are NO longer "one of the only undefeated teams in the league". 

Yesterday, within 15 minutes of getting to work, the phone rang 13 times & I had 4 people in my office.  NOT kidding.  One man came down, said "Oh, I'll just wait for Denise. (and stare at you for the next 45 minutes)."

Today, as I was rushing to leave work, the phone rings & I answer (WHY?!).
It is an elderly woman that doesn't live at WestRidge.  She *thinks* she is signed up for a defensive driving class on Tuesday...
Conversation as follows:
I'm sorry Ma'am, you'll have to call back in about an hour and talk to Denise. She's in a meeting right now and isn't available.
"De.. what? Can you spell that?"
"D-E-N-I-S-E"
Oh, D-I-N-S-E-E? That's interesting.
"yes."
"So, can you tell me about the class?"
Ma'am, you'll have to call back in about an hour and talk to Denise.
So, where is RestWood? What are you? are you a building?
**insert steam coming from my ears**
"We are a Retirement Community - an Apartment Building"
OH! An Intern Community?
"yes."
"Can you tell me where you are?"
394 and Hopkins CrossRoad.  You go north one block to Fairfield Road.
"Oh, I live in Hopkins. Well, actually it is Minnetonka.  But it is close to Hopkins."
"nice"
So, I've never heard of West Road.  Can you tell me how to get there?  I live really close to Hopkins."
"Ma'am, can you tell me, are you closer to 169 or 494?"
OOOOH! I'll give you my address - I live on Sanibel Drive. I don't know what highway I would take. How do I get to RestRidge?
"Ma'am, I can't tell you how to get to West Ridge until you tell ME what road you are closer to."
"Oh, I just don't know.  I live in Hopkins."
I will just give you directions from 169, okay...
Oh, I live in Hopkins.
Okay - let me give you directions from 169...

*insert something about living in Hopkins and can I ask you something about a driving class?  I think I'm signed up for it.


PEOPLE - THIS LADY IS DRIVING.


Then, Hannah discovered that Corn Syrup makes great finger-paint.



1 comment:

Kathleen @ Measuring My Life said...

You won my Yoplait Give-a-way, please email your address so I can forward it on to the sponsor.